Apr 17, 2010

Keeping an appoinment

Another funny assumption

I told the other post about the stupid Nepal guy giving me a superb lame excuse for his lateness right?
When I sms-ed informing him that I'm going be late for a while
He didn't even mention that he wasn't out from his house yet
When I reached and called him fiercely, he never dared to pick up but replied that he's reaching in 20 minutes
And after he finally showed up, he brainlessly said
"I thought you're not coming"
Fine, he is brainless, so I can understand he might interpret 'late' to 'no come'

Another guy, today
We made an appoinment last week to meet up for breakfast today
He sms-ed me last night to confirm with me but unfortunately I saw the message at around midnight and replied.
Next morning he sms-ed me that he never see my message last night and therefore woke up late.
Come on, what's wrong with you guys?
When people make a promise, they meant to keep it, not to break it.
If you don't intend to attend, don't bother to make one
It's silly to make those assumption that the other side is going to missed the appoinment when he or she hasn't show any response by the night before the appoinment
But hey, they already responded yes when you make the offer to meet up
Even if you coming late, I won't mind provided you tell me the truth
What really annoys me is to blame on the other party because he or she didn't confirm with you the day before the appoinment.
I have no such problems with girls, only guys.
Come on, if we wish to cancel, we'll tell early.
We won't cancel without notifying you
If we tell nothing, we'll show up without the 'prior confirmation'
I've no idea why do guys think like that?
Why?

9 comments:

Phei San said...

I planned to write about this in my blog before. But due to the readers problem, I didn't write it out in the end. Studying in Drake makes me feel disappointed with the men. They're not gentlemen. They are late and let the girls to wait them again and again. They need girl to give them morning calls to wake them up and in fact, it's already 2 in the afternoon. They let girl to carry the heavy thing and just watch at the side because they don't know how to carry. If you notice, I used "they" this word which means not just one person, is more than one. Only Shu Yuan will see this, so I'm not afraid of voicing out here. Where has those nice men gone? I have no idea. That's why I don't anticipate any love story in Drake.

Bob said...

wah..
sendiri put aeroplane still blame on u..
but nt all guy are like that gua..
jz that u r unlucky to meet v this kind of ppl frequently..hehe

stay happy ya~!

Swan said...

Stone Ting, aiyo, act innocent and let you girls carry the heavy stuffs? Are they all Malaysians or everyone else there? So bad leh. But Shu Yuan will help right, I guess? I actually don't mind people late as long not over late more than 15 to 20 minutes and that you prior notify me. Then perhaps I can find something else to do while waiting for you. I dislike the most is being late, din tell beforehand, and blame others for the lateness. And worse, a boy. Don't be a boy la, be a girl la. We two more man than them. Pity you. I still manage to find some gentlemen here, just few exceptions.
Bob, I know not all, Jit Sin has more. Haha.

Phei San said...

Yes, they're all Malaysian and they are often late more than 20 miniutes with a very good excuse, Malaysian timing. but, 习惯就好!

Someone said...

stop generalizing. Slippery slope assumption dealt more emotional decision on both party. Individual behavior does not apply for other individual or party they represented.

Phei San said...

not really understand what u're talking but in fact, this is what i feel to the most male Malaysians in Drake

Swan said...

It took me quite some time to figure out what Someone trying to say in the latter part. I think what he trying to say is one egg rotten doesn't mean others too. It's unfair to say other eggs rotten because you experienced the rotten one. However, the first part I still can't figure out. Haha.

Phei San said...

Slippery slope is a term that I leant before last sem. However, I forget the meaning and am lazy to find it out. You can search net if you really want to know.

Z〥 Zen飞霜 said...

a leh lu ya!
施主
看开就好了~