Jan 29, 2012

Andrew Matthew - my fav author

WORRY: unless you are having a heart attack or being eaten by a bear, your present moment is usually quite okay. It is the imaginary future that drives you nuts: "What will happen if?"

You conquer worry by dragging your mind back to the present. Remind yourself, "Right this second I have everything I need. I choose to enjoy this moment. The future will take care of itself."



Life happens in waves. This means family crises, wedding invitations and car repairs tend to travel in bunches. When you strike a month without bills, you say to yourself, "I’ll put something aside for the next month". When you get swamped by the next wave you say to yourself, "This is only temporary".



If you look for reasons to be happy with your job, your boss or your boyfriend, you will find them. If you look for faults in your boss, your boyfriend, your mother or in yourself, you will find them. We find what we look for.

To be happier today you don’t need any more information. Just look for reasons to be happy - and do the same tomorrow.