People, if you missed the check-in 45mins or 30 mins prior flight departure time, do not panic! Here's my experience.
In Spore, estimated time from my house to the airport is around 1 hour and 30 mins. And then another 1 hour, to be safe, to check-in and be in the airport. So it sums up about two and a half hour, which only can be killed by reading or listening to musics when you're alone. Sometimes you can't even read when mrt is packed with people and you have no choice but to stand; or, you couldn't find a seat in the airport.
28/4, Because my luggage was full, I decided not to bring any book. Figuring without a book may bored me to death, I shorten the estimated time. Since after I swear to myself, I will never do that again.
As there're few MRT lines leading to different places, I have to switch to another MRT line to reach the airport. Also, it's normal but not so often to see 'do not board' for a train. That means you have to take the following train. However I've never came across 2 consecutive trains with 'do not board' until that day.
Because of that 5 minutes, I was late for 5 minutes.
Once I arrived the departure hall, I felt coldness ran through my entire body when I saw no "Penang" on the gates. Praying hard, I went to one of the closed gate and asked where's the "Penang" gate?
The Indian girl replied "We've closed"
"Shits". Few thoughts immediately ran through my mind. But most importantly, I have to tell parents not to go airport. Forced myself into calmness, I called brother.
He told me to act anxious, tell the girl that I have emergency and have to arrive Penang by tomorrow morning.
I did what he said.
"Can you please let me in? My house has an emergency, I need to go back by tomorrow morning."
I said it without a pause.
When I actually said "my house has an emergency", the girl already replied, "The gate is closed, I can't do it for you.
And when I said 'I need to be in home by tomorrow morning", almost the same time, she said " Go to Gate 1"
Now thinking back, it sounded like a quarell. Haha
I rushed towards Gate 1 and preparing to act nervous.
"Can you please let me in"
"Passport please"
Oh yea... that man looked so handsome that day.
Anyway, this is strongly not encourage. Better to be early than late!!!
2 comments:
==~
nvr try to be late!
I didn't try. It just happened. Haha.
Post a Comment